BREAKING NEWS! We’re in the process of organizing a mini home makeover for the Burkes! Please click here to read about our “Raise the Roof!” project. Please use the RSVP link to let us know if you can help with our work day on May 18th.
Thank you for visiting this website, which is dedicated to support for our friend Kris and her family. Kris has been battling cancer since 2001. Last year she lost her job as a teacher, and with it, her affordable health insurance. Kris and her husband Ben have tried to keep life normal for their daughter Skyler, a kindergartener at our school, but their financial situation has become more than they can manage. The medical bills continue to pile up because of the high deductible on their current insurance, and they are struggling to stay afloat and avoid losing their home.
Our community is rallying around Kris, Ben, and Skyler, to lift some of the burden off of their shoulders, and we’re getting lots of help from friends, family, and others who want to help across the globe. If you can provide meals, transportation, monetary donations, prayers, or words of support, any help is greatly appreciated.
Please explore the site!
- On the How 2 Help page you will find links to make a donation, support a fundraiser, provide meals or transportation, download a printable flier to distribute, or share the story via social media.
- On the News page are links to news coverage of Kris and her struggle, including the most recent story in the October edition of Bay State Parent.
- On the Video page, watch a video made by Rod Arrants, about what his daughter Kris has been through.
- On the Thoughts & Ideas page you can leave some words of support, ideas about how to help or available resources, and read about how others have pitched in.
- On the Supporters page you can read about some of the businesses and organizations that have helped out with our efforts.